Join The Multi-Award-Winning Jack Murphy Jewellers Team
Jack Murphy Jewellers are NOW HIRING for the full-time role of Luxury Retail Consultant.
RESPONSIBLE TO: General Manager
STATUS: Full-Time, Permanent Post
CLOSING DATE: Friday 2nd October 2020, 5pm
Named as the Best Retail Jeweller in Ireland and Scotland; Jack Murphy Jewellers is a multi-award-winning family run jeweller specialising in high end engagement rings, wedding rings and other luxury pieces located in the heart of Newry since 1972.
Your New Role
We are currently seeking a passionate and results driven Luxury Retail Consultant to join our team, with proven experience of working within a high-quality retail environment. This position is for a full-time contract of 37.5 hours per week over 5 days.
As a Luxury Retail Consultant, you will be an ambassador for the Jack Murphy Jewellers brand and will receive the highest quality training to ensure your product knowledge is the best in the business. Coached by management, you will drive the success of the business by influencing sales and exceeding customer expectations.
Your new role, along with strong teamwork, is pivotal in shaping the future of Jack Murphy Jewellers and achieving the main vision and goals set out for the business.
Responsibilities Include (But Not Limited To)
- Achieve and exceed sales targets as set out by management.
- Build strong customer relationships and brand loyalty by offering exceptional customer service, adapting your approach depending on the individual needs of the customer.
- Learn and educate customers on product offering, latest jewellery trends and brand values to enhance customer experience and maximise sales.
- Take accountability for merchandising following VM guidelines, ensuring jewellery and watches are presented in the most appealing way to maximise stock potential.
- Stock management; conduct daily stock checks and resolve any discrepancies.
- Provide sales support at events.
- Be a brand and store ambassador.
- Attend relevant training to continue to build on knowledge and flourish as a Jack Murphy Jewellers team member.
- General administration.
- Daily housekeeping.
The job description may need to be reviewed in the light of any new developments as the role progresses. It should not be regarded as restrictive or definitive but acts as a broad guide to the demands of the post.
- Hold GCSE level of education; 5 pass grades (A-C) including Maths and English; or equivalent qualification and/or previous retail experience with Customer Service/ Care experience.
- Demonstrate excellent Customer Service and Communication Skills. Be a confident communicator with a very good level of English in order to deal effectively with both internal and external customers and have the ability to deal with people face to face/ over the telephone and via email/ letter.
- Have the confidence and ability to address any issues and deal with complaints effectively and timely in participation with management.
- Demonstrate an ability to partner and build relationships with employees and managers. Have the ability to work as part of a team and make positive contributions or work on own initiative without supervision and have the ability to be self-motivated and engage effectively with the business, its customers and suppliers and all managers and employees.
- Demonstrate excellent time management skills with the ability to effectively plan; organise/ prioritise tasks with ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Demonstrable commitment to goals, objectives and the vision of the business.
- Provide a proactive, friendly, positive and enthusiastic approach with a professional character.
- Be flexible and reliable and must be available to work Saturdays and Sundays, Bank/ Public/ Customary holidays and general holiday periods.
- Be an all-round team player in terms of role responsibilities, both in relation to service and day to day operations.
- GIA (or equivalent) qualified, preferably in polished diamond grading.
Please complete the attached letter and application form and return to Gemma Murphy via email: firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Friday 2nd October 2020. Applications received after this date/ time will not be considered.
Do you feel as though you could add sparkle to this role? If so, we’d love to hear from you!
Be a part of our future, join us.